机遇的蓝图是由它所服务的社区设计的，也是为社区设计的. 虽然数据分析对于确定趋势很重要, 优势和挑战, input from 当地企业 and employees gives this analysis much-needed context. By providing a platform for community members to share their expertise and new ideas, we hope to generate a universal understanding of economic opportunity among public, 私人, 以及政府合作伙伴. This process of convening local stakeholders is reflective of our broader mission to build meaningful relationships between industry players, 服务提供者和锚定机构. Our conversations with the following groups represent the beginning of a long-term effort to foster community engagement.
对伦敦金融城的诸多优势和挑战有深刻的认识, we at the 林奇堡市 hosted a series of roundtable discussions on a detailed list of topics. 在面试过程中, 我们让利益相关者平等发声, 私人合作伙伴和社区服务提供者. 加强我们的努力, 我们找来了史蒂文·斯图罗, a nationally recognized economic development 策略 consultant who has advised and collaborated with more than 50 cities, 大学, 开发人员, 非营利组织和财富500强公司建立更多的创造性, 创新和包容的社区. 我们的工作还利用了以下主要参与者的专业知识:
- 指导委员会. 指导委员会由经济发展局(EDA)成员组成, 当地企业, 主要的雇主, 大学和企业家. The group met monthly to determine the overall direction of the project and offer advice on benchmarks, 研究的结论, 集群优势, 目标行业, 策略, 愿景与实施. 作为伦敦金融城经济发展战略的拥护者, these members will spearhead its execution alongside the Office of Economic Development and 旅游 and other City departments.
- 市议会和经济发展局. Conversations with the Lynchburg City Council helped to define the factors influencing today’s economic development efforts. The Council also weighed in on the 林奇堡市’s unique challenges as an independent city and helped identify various benchmarks. 前进, these leaders will continue to provide input for our economic development 策略 and help identify resources needed to support the plan. 作为选举和任命的社区成员, they serve as a direct line between the Lynchburg Office of Economic Development and 旅游 and the public.
- 创业与创业. 我们会见了当地的企业家, small business support organizations and founders of 当地企业 to consider what makes the 林奇堡市 a unique environment for entrepreneurship. 除了确定某些行动步骤之外, our conversation pinpointed target clusters that have demonstrated the greatest need for talent or capital.
- 行业. Our conversation with Lynchburg’s leading employers focused on the factors influencing development across industry sectors. 除了讨论伦敦金融城的优势, 包括熟练的劳动力和积极参与的商业社区, we addressed various challenges such as a lack of transportation or airport connectivity, 人才渠道不足和房地产限制.
- 人才引进. 我们会见了劳动力发展专家, k - 12教育工作者, local employers and members of the creative class to discuss what makes 林奇堡市 an appealing place to live and work. 我们的谈话集中在吸引和留住人才的方法上, particularly with regard to creating “boomerang” citizens (those who return to the city where they once lived). 另外, we focused on ways to improve Lynchburg’s skills pipeline by connecting 当地企业 to workforce development opportunities.
- 旅游与场所营造. 我们召集了旅游官员召开旅游和地方规划会议, 目的地营销组织(DMO)代表, 餐厅的老板, 历史遗迹经营者, 娱乐公司和市中心的推广商. 在一起, they discussed how to leverage Lynchburg’s “quality of place” assets to drive economic development. Participants also addressed obstacles to making Lynchburg an ideal destination for tourists.
- 社区与市区重建. Our conversation on neighborhoods and urban renewal convened local real estate professionals, 社区发展商及规划者, 以及社区倡导者. Their discussion recognized 林奇堡市 as a collection of neighborhoods that requires a 策略 for inclusive prosperity, 哪个优先考虑所有公民的需求.